Minutes for Baker Food Co-op Directors Meeting
November 18, 2014
The November meeting of the Baker Food Co-op Board of Directors was held at the Baker Food Co-op Tuesday, November 18 at 6:00 PM.
A quorum being present, the meeting was called to order by President, Dennis Winkler. Board Members present were Dennis Winkler, Jewel Pilcher, Barbara Haynes, Mary Jones, Tim Banister and Susie Busch. Staff members, Jana Simpson, and Pat Cullen were present.
Note: MSUC = It was moved, seconded, carried by Unanimous vote.
MSC = It was moved, seconded, carried. Those dissenting will be listed.
• The agenda was read. MSUC (Jewel, Tim) to accept the agenda.
• The October Board minutes were read. MSUC (Jewel, Mary) the minutes be approved as read. All minutes are on file at the Co-op.
• The Treasurer was not available to give the report.
Manager – Carol Morrison: was absent. Jana gave both reports.
Working Member Coordinator – Jana Simpson
• There were 13 new members.
• Barbara Peterson and Mary Andersen are Working Members of the Month. Barbara is the first Saturday of the month cashier, and Mary Anderson sorts and recycles all the Co-op refuse.
• The “snow bird” cashiers have gone south, and there is a need for more cashiers.
• The keys to the building have been changed, new keys are in a limited supply and a sign in/sign out sheet is available from the Manager to obtain a key as needed.
• The Co-op will participate in the Festival of Trees with a gluten free basket.
All-Day Saturday and Thursday Afternoon Staff: Pat Cullen
• Pat reported she is learning quickly, and very much enjoys working at the Co-op
• The Board met with the Policy and Procedures Committee before the Board meeting, and several revisions will be made to the Staff Policy and Procedures. When the Board finishes the revisions the document will sent to the Committee and then be approved by the Board.
• The Board has completed the Member-Owner Committee Policy and Guidelines for the Five Year Business Plan and Facilities Use Committee. Soon members will be contacted, and an initial meeting time will be chosen. The other committees will be started as members sign up, and when the Policy and Guidelines are completed for each committee.
• The Board resolved the question concerning the Treasurer’s position and will stay with what is currently in the Bylaws. “The Treasurer’s position will be a paid position, not an elected one. The Treasurer will come to the Board meetings, but will not be a voting member. The Board of Directors will consist of seven members, President, Vice-President, Secretary and four Directors at Large.”
• The Board discussed the COPOS and IT needs for the Co-op. Recommendation was made to get several estimates to assess what the Co-op needs now and in the future.
• Further study will be made to decide about the sale of the Tenth Street Lot.
• Staff job reviews will begin in December.
With no further business MUC (Jewel) the meeting be adjourned.