The February meeting of the Baker Food Co-op Board of Directors was held at the Baker Food Co-op Monday, February 17, 2014 at 6 pm. A quorum being present, the meeting was called to order by President, Valerie Tachenko. Board Members present were Valerie Tachenko, Bart Murray, Fran Hart, Linda Cyr, and Susie Busch. Staff members, Carol Morrison, Arnie Skeels and Jana Simpson, and Member Owners, Paul and Vickie Wares were also present.
Note: MSUC=It was moved, seconded, carried by Unanimous vote.
MSC: It was moved, seconded, carried. Those dissenting will be listed.
- The January Board minutes were summarized. MSUC (Bart, Fran) the minutes be approved as read. All minutes are on file at the Co-op.
- The Treasurer’s report was given. The 2014 budget was presented. Information on the Quickbooks option for remote access was given. MSUC (Susie, Fran) the report be approved as presented. All reports are on file at the Co-op.
- The Baker Food Co-op Annual Tasting Fair is scheduled for Tuesday, April 8 from 4-7 pm at the Co-op.
- Friday afternoon, February 21, Susie, Valerie and Jana will meet to discuss and plan the Tasting Fair. Anyone interested in joining this discussion is welcome.
- Progress is being made with the purchase of the present building. It is anticipated that the letter of intent to sell the building to Baker Food Co-op will be processed with the title company very soon.
- The Policy and Procedures Committee is diligently working on the Co-op Policy and Procedures. Two documents will be made, one for working members and one for employees.
- Two anti-fading signs for the front window are ready.
- Thursday, February 20 the Department Heads will meet at 1 pm and plan for the Tasting Fair.
- A roof leak was fixed by Bruce and Carol Morrison.
- The Co-op had a very good report during the Health Inspector’s visit.
Working Member Coordinator Report:
- Six new members have been welcomed this month. There were 29 members who worked more than 10 hours.
- Jim Lawrence is the Department Head of the Month, and Carly Kritchen is the Working Member of the Month.
- A new person will be needed to publish the Co-op newsletter. Dee O’Dell will continue doing this through March so someone can be trained.
- There are always spots to be filled on the cashier calendar.
POS (Point of Sale) Administrator Report:
- Microsoft XP will be discontinued by April, and three Co-op computers will need to be updated to Windows 7.
- The updated COPOS will be done in the next two weeks.
- The inventory data is done, and it will be available for Staff input.
There was no Cashier Trainer Report.
With no further business MSUC (Fran, Bart) the meeting adjourn.
Susie Busch, Secretary